Elementary Structure Discussed by Board of Education
The Beatrice Public Schools Board of Education met for a Committee of the Whole meeting on Monday, February 26th. During the meeting, elementary administrators presented potential options for the configuration of the elementary buildings within the district. The options included:
- Option 1: Based on student numbers and Board policy, run 5 sections of 3rd grade and 6 sections of 2nd grade for the 2018-2019 school year. This would require movement of students.
- Option 2: Leave students in current buildings. This would require an additional staff member and costs associated with the new position.
- Option 3: Begin to reduce a building to a 1.5 section building and transition Paddock Lane to a 3 section building. This would require movement of students and staff.
- Option 4: Grade level buildings.
- Lincoln: Kindergarten- 2nd grade building (3 or 4 sections each depending on numbers)
- Stoddard: 3rd- 5th grade building (3 or 4 sections each depending on numbers)
- Paddock Lane: Kindergarten- 5th grade building (2 or 3 sections each depending on numbers)
Advantages and disadvantages were presented and discussed. To view the entire presentation, please click here. If you have questions, please contact an elementary administrator.
Paddock Lane: 402-223-1566
If you have any additional questions, you can email them to email@example.com.