Summer Strength and Speed Workouts
Beginning June 1st Beatrice athletes will be allowed to begin voluntary summer workouts. Attached are the guidelines that have been set by the NSAA that prioritize the safety and health of our student-athletes and coaches. Please read these guidelines and feel free to contact Coach Ekart at email@example.com with any questions. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a possible revocation of participation for the student-athlete or discontinuation of the summer program for everyone.
Included below is a sign up sheet link for student-athletes. Each student must fill out the form with their name, grade level for the 2020-2021 school year, and three times that would work best to come in and workout. We will do our best to put student-athletes in groups that best match their grade level and requested time. There may be cases where the top requested time will not be available and we will have to move student-athletes into their second or third choice for time, but we will do our best to try and accommodate as many preferred time requests as possible. Once groups have been created they will be emailed out to coaches and student-athletes.
Guidelines and procedures that we would like to highlight are as follows:
- Student-athletes need to have the Parent waiver (link below) signed before they are allowed to participate.
- Student-athletes will not be allowed into the weight room or House of Orange before or after their group's workouts have begun. Everyone needs to be on time and wait until the weight room doors are open before attempting to enter the weight room.
- When the workouts are completed student-athletes should avoid congregating and leave the school as soon as possible.
- For safety purposes each student-athlete will have their temperature taken, will not be allowed to bring anything except a water bottle into the weight room, will be asked to clean their workout station before and after their workout, and will not be allowed to use drinking fountains. Athletes should bring their own water.
- If a student-athlete is not feeling well they should not come in.
- If a student-athlete repeatedly misses their workout time they may be moved out of the group to accommodate other student-athletes. In short you need to make it to your workouts and if you cannot please let Coach Ekart know.