Curriculum & Assessment
Curriculum (what we teach), instruction (how we teach) and assessment (how we know students are learning) are at the heart of the Beatrice Public Schools. Explore these pages to learn more about our instructional philosophies and strategies and to connect to online services to help you as a student, parent/guardian or member of our teaching team.
- Improving academic performance by implementing instructional strategies and support systems/interventions that address the needs of all learners
- Promoting the instructional focus of Professional Learning Communities at all of our school sites and among school administrators
- Providing staff development that allows teachers to increase engagement and the use of instructional technology
- Developing rigor and higher order thinking in all instructional areas
- Creating a grading policy K-12 with grades that are accurate, consistent, fair, and meaningful of learning
- Increasing phonics awareness and reading fluency and comprehension at the K-5 level